Senior Cloud Engineering ManagerDate posted 05/16/2018 Location Santa Clara, California
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation networking solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us. We have an exciting opportunity for a Software Development Manager to join our team.
The company designs and delivers Mobility-Defined Networks that empower IT departments and #GenMobile, a new generation of tech-savvy users who rely on their mobile devices for every aspect of work and personal communication. To create a mobility experience that #GenMobile and IT can rely upon, Aruba Mobility-Defined Networks™ automate infrastructure-wide performance optimization and trigger security actions that used to require manual IT intervention. The results are dramatically improved productivity and lower operational costs.
What You'll Do
Aruba Cloud Platform is an internally developed innovative cloud-stack that powers Aruba Central, our cloud solution to monitor, manage and run services for wired and wireless networks. Using various emerging distributed and cloud computing technologies, this platform brings the benefits of the cloud to wired and wireless networks, delivering easy-to-manage networking solutions that enable customers to reduce operational cost. You will join this revolution!
Who You Are
We are looking for a Senior Software Development Manager to join our leadership team. The team is developing the platform and numerous applications that run on it to deliver cutting-edge campus and branch networking, from the cloud. This position provides the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to steer the architecting and building of the platform and applications on a top distributed backend. Be part of a fast-paced team and learn how to build solutions that make a difference.
- Very strong background in managing and implementing SaaS and distributed systems
- Responsible for designing, implementing and supporting highly scalable applications and web services in Java or Python in a Unix environment.
- Few years working with distributed systems in a production environment (Apache, RabbitMQ, Docker Engine etc.)
- Practical experience and know-how of SQL or NoSQL databases.
- Prior background in networking is considered advantageous.
Our Requirements For This Role Are
- Relevant industry experience of 12 or more years with 5 or more as a manager.
- Minimum education at BS or MS level in Computer Science or related fields.
- Proven record of Python/Java programming, contributing to released software.
- Solid grasp of computer science concepts including data structures, object-oriented design, distributed computing and cloud computing paradigms.
- Your vision is clear and far-seeing
- You know how to reconcile seemingly contradictory requirements
- You know how to communicate in a way that everyone understands
- You understand how to smooth ruffled feathers
- You take delight in mentoring promising newbies
- You stand up for your people
- You give credit where credit is due
- You take risks when appropriate
- You create an atmosphere of collaboration and cooperation
- You know how to spot amazing people
- You know when to get out of the way
Tech we use
- Backend: Java with Netty, Vert.x, Spring, or Python with Flask
- Frontend: Angular, React
- Data: Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Cassandra and Hazelcast
- Infrastructure: Docker and Kubernetes
- Metrics: New relic, Elasticsearch-Logstash-Kibana, Graphite, InfluxDB, Grafana and Prometheus
- Continuos Integration: We use Jenkins to build our software and for our CI/CD pipeline
- IaaS: AWS, GCP and OpenStack
Benefits you’ll enjoy
At Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, we offer an exciting and fun work culture, driving innovation, collaboration, and growth. We place our customers first, deliver some of the most innovative technologies to the market, and have fun doing it all! Come join our team and be part of an exciting organization poised for success!
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today — we are eager to learn more about you! We have dozens of openings, so encourage your friends to apply as well!
#ArubaNetworks #GenMobile #ArubaNetworksJobs #HPE #HewlettPackardEnterprise
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.