Senior Product Manager, Aruba CloudDate posted 07/11/2018 Location Santa Clara, California
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation networking solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us.
The company designs and delivers Mobility-Defined Networks that empower IT departments and #GenMobile, a new generation of tech-savvy users who rely on their mobile devices for every aspect of work and personal communication. To create a mobility experience that #GenMobile and IT can rely upon, Aruba Mobility-Defined Networks™ automate infrastructure-wide performance optimization and trigger security actions that used to require manual IT intervention. The results are dramatically improved productivity and lower operational costs.
Aruba Cloud team is looking for a technically strong Product Manager to help define, build and execute various aspects of Aruba’s Cloud Management Platform. As a Product Manager, you will report into Director Product Management and will work very closely with Customers, Sales, SE and Partners to gather requirements and drive those requirements internally with Engineering. You will be responsible for improving functionality and marketability of existing products, and help address new market opportunities. It’s an exciting time to join the Aruba Cloud team as we are growing and expanding rapidly. You will get to work with some of the best minds in the industry and build a truly differentiating product.
What you’ll do
- As a key member of the team, your responsibilities will include:
- Gather requirements from Customers, Sales, Partners and other internal stakeholders and drive the requirements with Engineering
- Maintain, manage, prioritize and schedule feature requests through use of collaboration tools
- Convert high level requirements into well-defined PRDs and user stories for Engineering
- Work closely with the UI / UX team to define mockups
- Work closely with the Engineering team during design and testing
- Be able to serve as subject matter expert on Monitoring, Reporting and Troubleshooting capabilities of the Aruba Cloud Platform
- Work with the TME team and help produce technical guides, product data sheet and other field enablement content as necessary
- Present to external stakeholders like customers, partners, analysts and in industry events
- Work with Product Marketing to articulate product positioning, key benefits and competitive position
- Keep a close tab on competition and emerging technologies
Our minimum requirements for this role
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent combined with MBA preferred
- Ideally 5 years of experience as PLM or 7 years of experience as SE / TME with 10+ years of overall experience.
- Industry networking certifications (ACCCNA/CCNE/CCIE) are highly desirable
- Past Experience in technical marketing, system engineering, development, technical support or product testing preferred
- Experience working on networking management platforms
Who you are
- Quick learner with the ability to shoulder new responsibilities in a dynamic environment
- Strong empathy for how customers use the product and understanding of their problem
- Ability to break down complex network problems and translate into simple solutions
- Appreciation for building elegant, simple experience for users
- Keen to learn emerging networking and cloud technologies
- Work effectively with geographically distributed engineering teams
Benefits you’ll enjoy
At Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, we offer an exciting and fun work culture, driving innovation, collaboration, and growth. We place our customers first, deliver some of the most innovative technologies to the market, and have fun doing it all! Come join our team and be part of an exciting organization poised for success!
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today — we are eager to learn more about you! We have dozens of openings, so encourage your friends to apply as well!
#ArubaNetworks #GenMobile #ArubaNetworksJobs #HPE #HewlettPackardEnterprise
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.