Senior Program ManagerDate posted 06/15/2018 Location Santa Clara, California
Senior Program Manager
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation networking solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us.
The company designs and delivers Mobility-Defined Networks that empower IT departments and #GenMobile, a new generation of tech-savvy users who rely on their mobile devices for every aspect of work and personal communication. To create a mobility experience that #GenMobile and IT can rely upon, Aruba Mobility-Defined Networks™ automate infrastructure-wide performance optimization and trigger security actions that used to require manual IT intervention. The results are dramatically improved productivity and lower operational costs.
The WLAN PLM is looking for a seasoned Senior Program Manager with great leadership and technical skills with a prior successful experience in Wireless domain. The candidate would possess the ability to influence and inspire engineering teams, and customers in decision making process. The role requires excellent communication and presentation skills with creative thinking for critical customer meetings. The candidate would also be very flexible, collaborative cross functionally and skilled in creating collateral for right audience at a short notice.
What You’ll Do
The WLAN PLM provides support and/or lead teams through the Product Management process and implementation of company’s products. Projects are typically shorter-term, less complex and more contained with a defined time frame. Programs are typically longer-term, multi-functional, multi-project with complex requirements and effort. You will:
Manage activities, resource capability, schedules, and ensure cross company communications to facilitate product completion on schedule within budget.
Work with WLAN leaders including product management, engineering ,marketing, etc. to identify and improve process and program efficiencies.
Work can involve external parties such as standards bodies, partners, etc.
• Manages and leads key programs involving multiple functions and program teams to drive the product development and implementation process for multiple products or service offerings for a Global Business Unit.
• Runs WLAN Beta program including timelines, field communications, customer relationships and feedback.
• Directs the development of overall program strategy, budgets, resource allocation plans, and general program requirements for the Global Business Unit.
• Manages activities of supporting program teams and internal and external development partners; ensures alignment with unit strategy and owns responsibility for overall program profit and loss management.
• Communicates program progress, escalations, and issue analysis to product stakeholders; collaborates with business unit management and internal manufacturing and development partners to recommend and implement changes to products, processes, or business practices to drive continuous improvement and manage program costs.
• Drives innovation and integration of new technologies and quality initiatives into projects and activities in the manufacturing engineering organization.
• Reviews and evaluates program plans and guidelines for compliance with program management guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve overall program management quality and results for the organization.
• Leads and provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members to set an example of program management innovation and excellence.
Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business Management, Engineering, Computer Sciences, or equivalent.
• PMP/PMI certification preferred Typically 10+ years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Experience designing and developing project and program planning tools and software packages to create, manage, and track project results.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong networking background
• Demonstrated business acumen, understanding of organizational strategy, and successful experience managing all aspects of cross- business unit programs, including communicating with internal and external stakeholders and directing matrixed teams and resources.
• History of innovation with examples of developing new technical, engineering and/or manufacturing processes.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery of the English language.
• Ability to effectively communicate program management architectures, plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options at business unit levels.
Benefits you’ll enjoy:
At Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, we offer an exciting and fun work culture, driving innovation, collaboration, and growth. We place our customers first, deliver some of the most innovative technologies to the market, and have fun doing it all! Come join our team and be part of an exciting organization poised for success!
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today — we are eager to learn more about you! We have dozens of openings, so encourage your friends to apply as well!
#ArubaNetworks #GenMobile #ArubaNetworksJobs #HPE #HewlettPackardEnterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities. HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.