Senior Technical Marketing Engineer - Service Provider Network SolutionsDate posted 09/08/2017 Location Santa Clara, California
The Sr. Technical Marketing Engineer (TME) shall be a key member of the Service Provider solution team and will be the technical expert on all Aruba’s products, technologies and competitive positioning.
The TME will be the technical expert across a range of Aruba product and functional areas, including but not limited to the latest 802.11 standards, WLAN security including NAC, WLAN APs and controllers, switching, Cloud services platform as well as other services focused on Enterprise and SP solutions and deployments.
The TME will help drive bulding out demos and proof-of-concept labs for various service provider solutions that span Aruba and third party / SP specific products. The TME will actively support various technical engagements with SPs addressing a range of use cases including Network-as-a-Service, SD-WAN, packet core integration, OSS/BSS integration an more. The TME is also expected to provide presentations/solution training to various technical and product stakeholders within HPE and SP organizations.
The TME will be expected to spend a significant amount of time generating technical collateral (which includes reviewing and producing technical application notes and briefs, configuration and design guides, and assisting in curriculum and training development when required) and setting up Proof-of-Concept labs. The TME will be responsible for reviewing and developing any and all relevant white papers, technical briefs, and implementation documents for publication on the web and printed media. The TME will participate in and support technical forums, SP industry events, and other speaking events and industry shows. The TME will regularly participate in customer meetings and site visits as required. The TME will provide technical support to the SP sales engineering teams on all aspects of the solution.
- Bachelors degree in engineering (EE, Computer Science) with 10+ years or Master degree in engineering with 12+ years in technical marketing, sales engineer, or equivalent role.
- Has deep and comprehensive understanding of networking technology and the ability to develop strong technical knowledge of company products.
- Networking equipment evaluation experience.
- Strong understanding of LAN and WAN networking protocols and technologies, including switching, routing, and security, is required.
- Strong understanding of cloud technologies and platforms
- Well recognized industry certification like CCNA/CCNP is required, CCIE/CWNP preferred. Understanding of 802.11 and other wireless technologies is highly desirable.
- Outstanding communication skills and demonstrated ability in developing and delivering complex technical presentations.
- Proficient in presenting in front of various-size sales team, C-level executives, customer audiences and industry forums.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience in design, development and implementation of technical papers and reports.
- Experience driving projects in a cross-functional team.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple, parallel projects to deadline.
- Experience developing and presenting competitive product analysis for SEs, sales and territory managers, and channel partners.
- Ability to travel including international locations.
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.