Site Reliability EngineerDate posted 02/14/2018 Location Santa Clara, California
Who You Are
We are looking for an experienced Engineer for the Delivery Engineering team. If you're passionate about building software that enables developers to use the cloud more effectively, and love working with and developing the latest technologies, then we're eager to talk to you.
In this role you will design, build and manage the infrastructure and technology powering our cloud service platform. You will be responsible for building and operating all aspects of our cloud based infrastructure with a focus on automation and tool development. This is a high impact role in a fast paced org that is experiencing massive client growth and runs on the most cutting edge AWS/GCE cloud based infrastructure. You should be able to balance competing priorities with attention to detail, should be a creative problem solver, should be naturally curious and driven to excellence; should be eager to learn about the rapidly evolving open source tools and platforms and use them as appropriate.
Our development and design approach assumes configuration as code. We want motivated high performers who can leverage brilliant ideas into automated configuration and deployment while troubleshooting and resolving any issues when automation doesn't work like it should.
What You’ll Do
- Think through hard problems in a cloud environment and drive solutions to reality
- Work in a dynamic & collaborative environment
- Build DevOps solutions using the latest technologies and tools
- Engage often with customers in all sorts of ways
- Participate in DevOps implementation/development projects
- DevOps Solutions & tools support (Engineering Level Support)
- Public Cloud cost optimization, tool selection etc.
- Coordinate and scale the evolving cloud delivery systems across all product development teams at Aruba Networks
Education and Experience
Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent with 7+ years of relevant software engineering experience
Our Minimum Requirements for This Role
- 3+ years working in Linux environments (Ubuntu preferred)
- 2+ years building tools with at least one of the programming languages
- 2+ years' experience architecting and administering Databases (i.e Postgres, MySQL)
- Experience with caching technologies (i.e. Memcache, MongoDB, Redis)
- Experience with system automation and deployment tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
Desired Skills for This Role
- An understanding of modern build tools like Jenkins
- Experience with AWS and AWS provided tools (Cloud formation, OpsWorks etc.)
- Experience with monitoring/graphing tools (Prometheus, NewRelic etc.)
- Experience with performance tuning and benchmarking for Cloud Systems
- Experience working with vendors in a combination of the following: Cloud, SaaS, ISP, Managed Hosting and Datacenter space
- Ability to troubleshoot issues in highly complex network setups
- Customer facing experience a plus Excellent business communication and presentation skills
- A strong technical foundation in build, release and deployment environments
- An eagerness to learn enough about whatever tools or tricks are needed to get the job done
- Passion for and ability to design and support robust build, deployment and configuration management systems
- Experience working with distributed remote teams is a plus
Benefits you’ll enjoy:
At Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, we offer an exciting and fun work culture, driving innovation, collaboration, and growth. We place our customers first, deliver some of the most innovative technologies to the market, and have fun doing it all! Come join our team and be part of an exciting organization poised for success!
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today — we are eager to learn more about you! We have dozens of openings, so encourage your friends to apply as well!
#ArubaNetworks #GenMobile #ArubaNetworksJobs #HPE #HewlettPackardEnterprise
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.