Software Engineer - Network R&DDate posted 07/11/2018 Location Santa Clara, California
Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies firmware (e.g., DSP, embedded code, BIOS). Work often involves analog and digital hardware and real-time operating systems. Position requires knowledge and exposure to hardware design. Typically programs in machine language, assembly language and high-level languages (e.g., C, C++).
- Design and develop features necessary for a network operating system.
- Maintain existing features with high level of quality
- Write extensive code in C and Python
- May lead a small team of engineers in accomplishing projects.
- Writes and executes complete testing plans, documentation for the features that the individual is responsible for;
- Identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into application architecture.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding firmware design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Represents the software engineering team for all phases of larger and more- complex development projects.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Typically 4-6 years experience as a software developer in the networking industry.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong C coding skills. Should be able to read and write code with ease.
- Familiar with Python
- Good at debugging and problem solving abilities.
- Strong in algorithms
- Fairly good understanding of networking concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels.
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.