Sr. Engineering ManagerDate posted 02/09/2018 Location Santa Clara, California
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation networking solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us.
The company designs and delivers Mobility-Defined Networks that empower IT departments and #GenMobile, a new generation of tech-savvy users who rely on their mobile devices for every aspect of work and personal communication. To create a mobility experience that #GenMobile and IT can rely upon, Aruba Mobility-Defined Networks™ automate infrastructure-wide performance optimization and trigger security actions that used to require manual IT intervention. The results are dramatically improved productivity and lower operational costs.
What you’ll do
- Manage a team of highly motivated Software Developers and deliver on-time, high-quality ClearPass family of products, including on-premise and cloud products.
- Work closely with engineering team to respond to PRD and requirements - guide team to create functional and design specifications.
- Work closely with Engineering Leadership, PLM and QA to determine the content of the releases.
- Coordinate with global Engineering teams to determine schedules, monitor the schedules with Program Management and ensure schedules are adhered to.
- Implement industry standard and optimum software development practices.
- Work with TAC to make sure that customer issues are resolved in timely manner.
- Contribute to the ClearPass Policy Manager roadmap and other Security Products.
- Interact with ClearPass Sales Engineering team and support pre-sales and post-sales efforts.
- Estimate the resource requirements, identify gap in skills of the team, work with Engineering Leadership team to bridge the gap and grow the team.
Our Minimum Requirements for This Role Are
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field with a strong 10+ years’ experience as a Software developer with progressively senior roles of security products.
- 5+ years’ experience managing a team of Software Developers and 2+ years as a senior manager
- Proven record of on-time delivery of multiple high quality releases of on-premises security product.
- Experience developing a large-scale cloud native networking or security product; it would be major plus if you have experience migrating an on-premise product to the cloud
- Strong experience on networking products (one or more of switching, routing, voice, security etc.) - manager experience at companies like Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto Networks is a strong plus.
- Understanding or experience with authentication, NAC, SSO is a plus
- Proven ability to work with international teams
- Experience with complete software development life cycle (waterfall, agile etc.)
- Excellent communication skills.
Benefits you’ll enjoy:
At Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, we offer an exciting and fun work culture, driving innovation, collaboration, and growth. We place our customers first, deliver some of the most innovative technologies to the market, and have fun doing it all! Come join our team and be part of an exciting organization poised for success!
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today — we are eager to learn more about you! We have dozens of openings, so encourage your friends to apply as well!
#ArubaNetworks #GenMobile #ArubaNetworksJobs #HPE #HewlettPackardEnterprise
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.