Sr Product Manager, LANDate posted 09/08/2017 Location Santa Clara, California
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation networking solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us.
The company designs and delivers Mobility-Defined Networks that empower IT departments and #GenMobile, a new generation of tech-savvy users who rely on their mobile devices for every aspect of work and personal communication. To create a mobility experience that #GenMobile and IT can rely upon, Aruba Mobility-Defined Networks™ automate infrastructure-wide performance optimization and trigger security actions that used to require manual IT intervention. The results are dramatically improved productivity and lower operational costs.
Who You Are
Aruba Airwave is the center of gravity for the Aruba’s market leading WLAN, mobility, and switching products. As a senior product manager you’ll be driving the strategy and execution of not only the Airwave products, but of how Aruba customers and prospects interact with the network. You’ll be responsible for improving and evolving the Airwave platform as well as exploring new market opportunities. This is your chance to flex your business acumen, technical prowess, and customer engagement skills. You are going to be building and communicating our product vision and roadmap, and then leading the team to execute it.
What You’ll Do
- Develop our business plans, including forecasts, identifying key indicators, progress tracking, and course correcting.
- Driving product strategy and roadmap Aruba AirWave, both for on-premises and cloud deployment models.
- Work with all departments to proactively identify “whole product/solution” gaps, define market requirements, and drive eco system partnerships.
- Work closely with product marketing to develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan.
- Evangelizing/messaging/marketing the Aruba solution portfolio to the field and the customers.
- This position requires travel (~20%).
Our Minimum Requirements for This Role Are
- 5-10 years of experience (minimum) in product management
- Excellent written and oral communications skills as well as polished presentation style.
- Self-managing, with sound judgment to prioritize/balance customer, field requests and business goals.
- Demonstrable experience in hands-on networking, including all aspects of IP communications.
- Technically sound and knowledgeable about networking technologies – L2/L3 wired network protocols, TCP/IP communications, Wireless LAN and 802.11 standards.
- Relevant technical degree or equivalent experience is a must. Additional business degree is preferred.
Benefits you’ll enjoy
At Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, we offer an exciting and fun work culture, driving innovation, collaboration, and growth. We place our customers first, deliver some of the most innovative technologies to the market, and have fun doing it all! Come join our team and be part of an exciting organization poised for success!
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today — we are eager to learn more about you! We have dozens of openings, so encourage your friends to apply as well!
#ArubaNetworks #GenMobile #ArubaNetworksJobs #HPE #HewlettPackardEnterprise
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.