Sr. Solutions Technical Marketing EngineerDate posted 09/12/2017 Location Santa Clara, California
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation network access solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us.
We are looking for a Sr. Technical Marketing Engineer (TME) to join our team.
The Sr. Solutions TME will excel in a dynamic, fast paced environment, responsible for the creation of vertical and horizontal technical solutions across the entire range of Aruba’s portfolio including wired and wireless campus, branch and WAN, security, cloud, network management, and location & analytics technologies. The primary vertical focus areas for the role include retail, healthcare, hospitality, higher education and K-12.
The role will entail the creation of all levels of technical content such as high level “marketecture”, lab validated design and deployment guides, and white papers for internal and external use. Collaboration with the product and solutions marketing, sales, architecture, and technical marketing teams as well as product management and engineering is an integral part of the role. The Solutions TME will support the sales engineers (SEs) in competitive pre-sales engagements such as proof of concept (PoC), demos, and solution design.
The successful candidate will be highly technical with broad experience in networking technologies, is highly effective at pre-sales engagements, has experience in product development and solution architecture development, has very strong verbal and written communication skills, and can effectively articulate the business benefits of technical solutions.
- The Sr. Solutions TME will lead the development of customer-facing technical solutions architectures for sales and partner enablement. This includes:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering.
- Minimum of Ten (10) years of combined experience in networking, technical sales, and solutions architecture roles.
- Aruba Certification (ACMX, ACDX, AMFX) or Cisco Certification (CCIE Wireless and/or Routing & Switching), or equivalent experience.
- Domain expertise in Wireless LAN, LAN, WAN, network management, network access control, network security, and IoT.
- Strong routing and switching background, protocol and practical level knowledge.
- One or more area of deep technical specialization from the above listed domains
- In depth knowledge of networking industry standards, RFCs, and common solutions architectures
- Industry knowledge in one or more verticals (retail, healthcare, hospitality, K-12, higher education)
- Must be viewed as a technical leader by management, peers, customers and partners.
- Thorough competitive knowledge (in area of specialization) including solution, technology, and product offerings.
- Able to work with Product & Solution Marketing to develop and maintain high level technical “marketectures”, validated architecture designs, deployment guides, white papers, and enablement content for pre-sales for Aruba field sales and partner organizations.
- Strong technical writing and editing skills, able to quickly get ideas down on paper
- Able to tie technical solutions to business value and identify high impact features
- Position technical content for both business and technical decision makers so that the Aruba value proposition is clearly articulated to both audiences.
- Able to ramp-up on new technologies quickly and understand how new products and features can integrate into existing solutions.
- Strong presentation skills, comfortable presenting to small groups of very technical people and large groups with varying technical skills and business interests
- Able to measure the impact of content with analytics to enable data-driven decision making.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with key stakeholders and build a network of advisors across all parts of the company.
- Continually gather product and solution requirements and submit findings to BUs and LOBs to drive corporate business requirements.
- Ability to mentor other Solution TMEs
- Ability to train and disseminate information cross functionally
- Ability to work effectively and add value as a team member in a professional business manner.
- Ability to understand complex technical and selling situations and have the ability to solve the problem or solicit the required resources.
- Able to ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality, voice, and able to be adapted easily to multiple communication channels
- Able to effectively scope work, commit to deadlines, and deliver work product on time.
- Santa Clara, CA
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
The company designs and delivers Mobility-Defined Networks that empower IT departments and #GenMobile, a new generation of tech-savvy users who rely on their mobile devices for every aspect of work and personal communication. To create a mobility experience that #GenMobile and IT can rely upon, Aruba Mobility-Defined Networks™ automate infrastructure-wide performance optimization and trigger security actions that used to require manual IT intervention. The results are dramatically improved productivity and lower operational costs."
EG (Enterprise Group)
Enterprise Group works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions. By combining ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on “Converged Infrastructure”. The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with the transformation and integration of their technology. We are there for our customers – come join us!
What We Offer
At Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, we offer an exciting and fun work culture, driving innovation, collaboration, and growth. We place our customers first, deliver some of the most innovative technologies to the market, and have fun doing it all! Come join our team and be part of an exciting organization poised for success!
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.
#ArubaNetworks #GenMobile #ArubaNetworksJobs #HPE #HewlettPackardEnterprise #ClearPass #Meridian
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.