Technical Marketing Engineer, AutomationDate posted 07/11/2018 Location Santa Clara, California
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation networking solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us.
The company designs and delivers Mobility-Defined Networks that empower IT departments and #GenMobile, a new generation of tech-savvy users who rely on their mobile devices for every aspect of work and personal communication. To create a mobility experience that #GenMobile and IT can rely upon, Aruba Mobility-Defined Networks™ automate infrastructure-wide performance optimization and trigger security actions that used to require manual IT intervention. The results are dramatically improved productivity and lower operational costs.
The TME will be the technical expert across a range of Aruba product and functional areas, including but not limited to 802.11n, 802.11i, 802.11e/QoS,802.11ac and emerging standards such as 802.11ax, WLAN security including firewalls and WIPS, WLAN APs and controllers, switching, Aruba Instant, Aruba Central as well as Network services focused on Enterprise solutions and deployments.
What You’ll Do
- The core responsibilities for a TME in this role will be driving the automation efforts that tie different Aruba products and solutions together using APIs.
- The TME will also help drive the inclusion of the automation and other bleeding-edge demos in the lab environment, as an extension to the Customer Experience Center (CEC) experience.
- The TME will be actively engaged in various Aruba events like Sales Kickoffs, Aruba Atmosphere, HPE Discover etc. to be in charge of live demos as well as conduct presentation/training sessions for partners and customers.
- The TME will be expected to spend 40% of his/her time generate technical collateral which includes reviewing and producing technical application notes, configuration and design guides, and assist in curriculum and training development when required.
- The TME will be responsible for review and development of white papers, technical briefs, and implementation of documents for publication on the web and printed media.
- The TME will participate in and support technical forums, industry events, and other speaking events and industry shows.
- The TME will participate in customer site visits, especially those involving field demonstrations or competitive bakeoffs.
Our Minimum Requirements for this Role Are
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Typically 4-5 years experience in technical marketing, customer support, or equivalent role in the networking industry.
- Has deep and comprehensive understanding of networking technology and the ability to develop strong technical knowledge of company products.
- Networking equipment evaluation experience.
- Strong understanding of LAN and WAN networking protocols and technologies, including switching, routing, and security, is required.
- Strong knowledge of a scripting languages and automation tools (PHP/Python/Ansible, etc.) is highly desirable.
- Well recognized industry certification like CCNA/CCNP is required, CCIE/CWNP preferred. Understanding of 802.11 and other wireless technologies is highly desirable.
- Outstanding communication skills and demonstrated ability in developing and delivering complex technical presentations.
- Proficient in presenting in front of various-size sales team, C-level executives, customer audiences and industry forums.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience in design, development and implementation of technical papers and reports.
- Experience driving projects in a cross-functional team.
Benefits you’ll enjoy
At Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, we offer an exciting and fun work culture, driving innovation, collaboration, and growth. We place our customers first, deliver some of the most innovative technologies to the market, and have fun doing it all! Come join our team and be part of an exciting organization poised for success!
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today — we are eager to learn more about you! We have dozens of openings, so encourage your friends to apply as well!
#ArubaNetworks #GenMobile #ArubaNetworksJobs #HPE #HewlettPackardEnterprise
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.