WIFI Hardware Test EngineerDate posted 11/21/2017 Location Santa Clara, California
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an innovative, dynamic company with a rich past and a promising future. Originally Hewlett-Packard Company, HPE has continuously reinvented itself. Today, HPE is one of the world's leading technology companies and provides wired and wireless networking, servers, storage, IT and Cloud services for the next generation of IT infrastructure.
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation network access solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us.
Aruba Networks an HPE company is looking for motivated and talented individual to serve as Hardware Test Engineer for Wireless LAN Access Points. You will be working in a dynamic and cross functional team that develops products from concept all the way to production.
Requirements / Responsibilities:
- BS Electrical Engineering and 2 to 4 years industry experience
- Test Expertise
- Design and execute tests to validate Access Point Hardware
- Collect Design Validation Test (DVT) data, compile, analyze, and interpret.
- Follow and in some cases define the procedures needed to test various aspects of our products to ensure proper and expected behavior.
- And in the cases where performance is not met, work with design engineers to correct and bring into compliance.
- Design Validation
- Reading and understanding schematics and layout
- Debugging skills to root cause problems either in test setup or design related.
- Chipset evaluation
- Board level bring-up
- Team work
- Work cross collaboratively with engineers among different disciplines.
- Ability to work autonomously but also search out avenues for collaboration where it is suited to achieve project goals.
- Computer skills
- General familiarity with working in Linux, command prompt, CLI, telnet.
- Good mastery of Excel, writing and presenting reports, drafting procedures, documentation, and effective communication by email.
- Networking different pieces of equipment together.
- Ability to learn and work with third party custom tool software.
- Database / Data Analysis skills desired.
- Some programming experience desired. (scripting, Python, Labview, etc.)
- Test Skills - Experience working with:
- 802.11 Wireless Network Test Equipment (Litepoint)
- Spectrum Analyzer
- Network Analyzer
- Power Meter
- Power supplies / Electronic Loads
- Bench Setup, Calibration, and Maintenance
- Rework and soldering expertise of SMT components desired.
- Understanding of Testing RF
- Knowledge of frequency bands
- General Radio Transceiver concepts
- S parameters, RF cabling, combiners, couplers, attenuators.
- Knowledge of and worked with Wireless protocols and modulation
- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax (preferred)
- BLE / Zigbee / 802.11ad
- Or Cellular standards such as 4G / LTE / WCDMA (translatable)
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.