WLAN Test Engineer - Network R&DDate posted 06/11/2018 Location Santa Clara, California
Company & Job overview
Aruba Networks is one of the hottest networking companies in Silicon Valley. We have grown more than 40% year-over-year. We continue to gain market share in the Wi-Fi space (at the expense of a large competitor on Tasman Drive). We have over 1000 employees but our culture remains the same, to be the BIGGEST SMALL Company around. Our small company culture empowers our employees to work on exciting, state of the art technology and allows them to be a part of a cool, growing company. Our Former CEO Dominic Orr says “people work for impact, they want to have fun, and they want to get rewarded” and that is exactly what Aruba represents. Aruba is currently used by more than 15,000 organizations world-wide including many Fortune 500 companies and spanning education, government, healthcare, technology and retail markets.
Aruba Networks is seeking a Test Engineer for Systems and Solutions Engineering in Santa Clara, CA, US who thrives in a fast-paced, cross functional matrix and challenging environment. The focus of this position will be in developing Large Scale Software Testing strategies and execution plans to support Aruba’s next generation Access Points, controllers and switches. This position will set and maintain quality standards for company products and develop, modify and execute software test strategies, plans and suites. The incumbent may have to develop tools and environments to automate test execution and will be in consultation with development engineers in resolution of problems.
- Designs quality assurance and test processes for portions and subsystems of end-user applications, systems software, and firmware running on hardware, local, networked, and Internet- based platforms.
- Analyzes design and determines test scripts, coding, automation, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
- Writes and executes complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into software and firmware architecture.
- Leads a project team of other software quality assurance engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable and cost- effective testing and quality assurance solutions for assigned applications portion or subsystem.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding test status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Represents the software quality assurance team for all phases of larger andmore-complex development projects.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
- BS in Electrical or Computer networking with 5+ years of experience
- Or MS in Electrical /Computer networking with 3+ years of experience.
- Certifications on Networking such as CWNA, CCIE, JNCIE – Highly desirable
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong competence in Layer2, Layer3 networking protocols such as Bridging, VLAN, NAT, DHCP, Routing
- Knowledge of Security protocols such as 802.1x, 802.11i, AAA, TACACS, IPSEC, Firewalls
- System level test experience
- Demonstrated understanding of industry standard testing and troubleshooting tools including IxChariot, iperf, Veriwave, Omnipeek, AirMagnet, Spectrum analysis
- Understanding of Wi-Fi system level test and characterization.
- Knowledge and experience with 802.11 standards and protocols.
- Hands of experience on with Test automation development using TCL/PERL
- Self-motivated, Self-starter, Self-organized
- Disciplined approach to test software development.
- Good documentation skills.
- Works effectively with cross functional and remote team members.
- Recognizes importance of internal and external deadlines.
- Works effectively under pressure
- Strong logical and creative problem-solving skills, good oral and written communication skills and excellent analytical skills.
- Must be able to succeed with minimal resources and minimal supervision.
- Willingness to travel – Occasionally.
Benefits you’ll enjoy
At Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, we offer an exciting and fun work culture, driving innovation, collaboration, and growth. We place our customers first, deliver some of the most innovative technologies to the market, and have fun doing it all! Come join our team and be part of an exciting organization poised for success!
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today — we are eager to learn more about you! We have dozens of openings, so encourage your friends to apply as well!
#ArubaNetworks #GenMobile #ArubaNetworksJobs #HPE #HewlettPackardEnterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities. HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.