Frontend EngineerDate posted 05/14/2018 Location ,
In March 2018, Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company, acquired Cape, a local startup with a big vision: to improve the way the Internet works. As Cape we built a small team of skilled engineers and designers in Cape Town and a Wi-Fi monitoring product which won us Best Startup of 2017 from Wi-Fi NOW, a global industry body.Now, as part of Aruba, we are growing our team, building new products, and scaling our systems to meet a 1OOX surge in demand during the next 18-24 months.
What do we do? Our product gives IT managers insight into how their Wi-Fi, networks, and apps are performing 24/7 and how to fix any issues before users complain. Other monitoring tools are complex and intimidating, built by network engineers for network engineers; ours is beautiful and simple, and our customers love it. Our hardware agent is a delight to install and our software is easy and fun to use. Our product is used in offices, hotels, airports, stadiums, retail stores, and more-every business with Wi-Fi is a potential customer we can help.
We design our own hardware and manufacture in Cape Town. Our backend and frontend systems and software are built entirely in-house using Python, React, Java, lnfluxDB and AWS Kinesis among other technologies.
Are you a problem solver, quick study, and hooked on web development? We're looking for passionate developers who care about design, performance, and creating outstanding user experiences, and who are eager to work in a fast-paced, flexible, and collaborative environment
- Mastery of HTML and CSS
- Good knowledge of current web frameworks and libraries
- Understanding & experience with data flow in frontend & backend systems
- Familiarity with and adherence to web standards
- Desire to achieve perfection, but ready to compromise when necessary to ship on time
- Thrives on fresh challenges and continual learning
- Creative thinker and self-starter
- Experience with React (or other frontend SPA frameworks/libraries/concepts)Strong sense of interaction and visual design
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors like SASS and LESS
- Experience with build tools (Webpack, Grunt, Gulp)
- Good understanding of git or other version control software
- Knowledge of devops and deployment tools
- Proficiency with Linux and the command line
- Experience in developing apps on iOS, Android, or hybrid
What you will be doing
You'll be working with a skilled team of bright, motivated developers building outstanding web apps to be proud of. You'll be using technologies like React, Redux, Webpack, Babel, and Firebase to develop state of the art dashboards that will help IT teams at companies of all sizes monitor and troubleshoot their wireless networks and applications.
What we are offering
- Excitement and growth of a startup with the resources and security of a Fortune 100 company
- Full-time position
- Competitive salary
- Great benefits
- Exposure to latest & greatest technologies
- Opportunity to help shape the product
- Growth and global scope
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.