Channel Sales Specialist - Pacific NorthwestDate posted 10/08/2018 Location All, Washington
Develops and nurtures a strategic/mutually beneficial relationship with the partner or with a targeted set of resellers, distributors, Systems Integrators (SIs) and/or Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) and their ecosystem partners to drive additional revenue with joint sales efforts. Coordinates all company activities with the partner, including education, marketing, executive briefings, business planning and client engagements. These jobs focus on selling to customers, typically through work that occurs outside the company offices.
- Serves as the expert to the partner for extremely complex information regarding product, services, and software transitions, promotions, and configurations.
- Promotes company offerings to become a key part of the partner's business and solutions; May be brought by partner to sell company brand to end-customers.
- Establishes and maintains account plans to promote sales growth.
- Achieves assigned quota for company products, services and software.
- Transactional and relationship selling within, and influencing, a team of selling professionals; physically visits partner customers at their offices.
- Creates, fills-in and manages company funnel for deals with partners and transforms potential leads into joint sales activities.
- Actively engages company resources and senior executives to build strategic relationships with the partner which ensures long- term business opportunities for company.
- Provides the business rationale and risk assessment for making company investments in the partner.
- Ensures partners are compliant with legal and SBC practices.
- May drive SOW growth with distributors who are managing small partners on behalf of company.
- May recruit and develop business relationship with new partners.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's degree.
- Typically 8-12 years of selling experience at end- user account or partner level.
- Experience selling to partners in a complex environment.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Thorough understanding of the IT industry, competing vendors, and the channel. Dimensions include competitive positioning and business models.
- Thorough understanding of company's organization & operations, including key business rules, and alignment with company GBU go-to-market strategies, partner segmentation, key programs & initiatives, structure and business model.
- Thorough understanding of company's products, software, and services. Able to communicate the strengths of company's offerings relative to competition, and overcome objections.
- Effectively sells company offerings by building strategic relationships with partner decision makers; aligning partner and company processes; and promoting company programs and offerings.
- Develops strategic plans with the partner to grow the size of the business and company's share.
- Partners effectively with others in the account to ensure coordinated efficient account management.
- Ability to motivate partner's sales force.
- Coordinates and directs efforts across company sales teams and across business groups.
- Thorough understanding of pipeline management discipline and ability to explain benefits to partners/other sales teams members.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities. HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.