Major Account SE - SeattleDate posted 03/13/2018 Location All, Washington
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation networking solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us. We have an exciting opportunity for a Major Accounts Systems Engineer (SE) to join our team.
The Major Accounts SE primarily provides pre-sales technical support for the development and implementation of complex products/applications/solutions. As a Pre-Sales/Systems Engineer, the Major Accounts SE will be responsible for managing pre-sales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. With a proven track record of successful sales support activity, the Systems Engineer will present and articulate the capabilities and values of an Aruba Solution versus that of our competitors. The preferred candidate will have career level experience with networking infrastructure technologies in all arenas.
The SE will work with Aruba’s Major Accounts Managers to qualify opportunities and convert leads into successful engagements. The SE must combine excellent sales support, and consultative skills with an expert understanding of advanced and emerging technologies with an emphasis on campus and distributed branch networks. The Major Accounts SE will consult with their assigned Territory Manager to provide a comprehensive pitch to prospective clients. By combining technical expertise with business acumen this role provides vital, detailed information about how Aruba’s solutions deliver business value to our clients.
- Gathers and assesses customer needs, both business and technical.
- Identifies related needs (lead generation, opportunity expansion).
- Identifies site-specific and corporate parameters and constraints that impact the solution.
- Identifies required project steps.
- Identifies likely problem areas that require attention.
- Identifies information on competitors and product roll- out data/training needs and proactively positions the company strengths as a relative value position in the account.
Solution Planning and Design.
- Architects an appropriate technical solution to meet the customer's business requirements and account team strategy.
- Investigates and optimizes a solution's fit to the requirements of an opportunity, both current and future.
- Adapts solution design to new requirements.
- Establishes the validity of a solution and its components; creates proof of concept where required.
- Identifies the growth path and scalability options of a solution and includes these in design activities.
- Generates an implementation plan with timelines for the solution.
- Create appropriate test plan as required.
- Identifies potential challenges for the proposed project plan.
- Optimizes a solution to maximize the company's competitive advantages.
- Actively identifies opportunities to assist peers globally in area of expertise (e.g., writing white-papers).
- Maintains excellent communications with customer executive management and business executives globally.
- Represents the company as a technical expert with customers; shares knowledge in area of expertise and links to related technology areas.
- Delivers customer workshops as appropriate for further understanding of issues and buy-in to the company's proposal.
- Advances opportunities through the use of effective consultative selling techniques.
- Builds customer loyalty through continuous innovation, becoming a trusted advisor.
- Partners effectively with others in the account to ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Effectively communicates and articulates the details of their component roles in a proposed customer solution.
- Actively supports the account team with solution advice, proposals, presentations, and other customer communications.
- Analyzes and provides support to deals in the pipeline where needed.
- Transfers knowledge to presales peers via mentoring and playing leadership roles in peer education programs.
- Understands the roles and effectively directs other teams and resources within the company and partners globally.
- Identifies overlooked opportunities suggested by technical expertise.
- Facilitates smooth transition from sales to implementation by orienting the appropriate teams to the solution design.
Education and Experience Required:
- Technical University or Bachelor's degree; advanced degree preferred.
- Typically 12+ years experience in technical consultative selling and account management.
- Technical and solutions experience in appropriate industry.
- Experience in vertical industry preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of the company's latest technology & solutions.
- Expert in competitive solutions knowledge.
- Leverages the company's solutions to support customer IT strategic directions, creating extensive customer business value.
- Applies deep understanding of technical innovations & trends to solving customer business problems.
- Strong credibility with the company's business units and account teams based on history of solid results and contributions.
- Applies productivity- enhancing tools and processes Off-shoring, Resource Management.
- Establishes thought leadership in technical specialty area with customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work as the lead for large complex projects at a Regional or global level.
- Has a deep understanding of the company's product & service capability for multiple BU's.
- Has demonstrated extensive hands-on level skills with a broad range of the technology.
- Demonstrates skilled use of financial and capital investment concepts in justifying solutions that create business value for the customer.
- Utilizes deep knowledge of customer value chain and business requirements to create and propose solutions.
- Persuasively communicates the value of the solution in terms of financial return and impact on customer business goals.
- Understands business metrics and drivers for multiple levels of customer management and appropriately tailors communications to demonstrate value.
- Extensive level of industry acumen; keeps current with trends and able to converse with client on issues and challenges at multiple levels of customer management.
- Demonstrates strong communications skills with customer management, as well as C-level executives.
- Leverages deep understanding of the competition - both positioning strategy and technology - to create a competitive advantage for company.
The brightest minds. The most intelligent technologies.
Learn more about how we’re lifting mobile barriers, freeing businesses to do what’s never been possible before. Join us and become a mobile hero.